Finally, the Verkhovna Rada has adopted a law developed by Egis specialists!
On October 17, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted a Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Road Safety Management" (registered under No. 1061).
Ukraine stays now closer to European road safety standards.
The draft law is aimed at introducing a road safety audit procedure in Ukraine, which will contribute to:
- designing safe roads and preventing accidents from occurring;
- improving the organization and safety of traffic;
- implementation of better road safety standards and procedures in the future;
- implementation of safe design principles;
- cost savings, reduced social costs and health care costs by reducing road accidents.
A major achievement of our EIB-financed Road Safety Project!