New Lviv-Krakovets motorway (84,4 km)
Feasibility study for construction and maintenance under concession terms, support for preparation and implementation of concession tender
The GoU plans to construct new concession IA category Lviv-Krakovets road starting from Ukrainian-Polish border up to Lviv (84.4 km). The proposed new road shall go in parallel to the existing M10 (E40) motorway from Korczowa-Krakovets border crossing and serve as a continuation of A4 motorway (Poland) within the frame of TEN-T corridor III.
The technical specifications of the project are as follows:
- dual 2x3.75 m carriageway, design speed of 120-140 km/h;
- earthworks (8.98 mn m3 of embankments, 4.4 and 1mn m3 of excavation in dry and wet soils, respectively), plus peat reclamation of 1.5 mn m3;
- key road structures include 5 bridges on concrete piles (total length of 232.9 m), 4 viaducts (total length of 1 164.3 m), at-grade intersections, tunnel crossings, under- and overpasses.
Within the project frames the Consultant provided following services:
- Economic assessment for new Lviv-Krakovets road (Phase 1)
- Transport surveys (traffic counts, turning movements, OD surveys);
- Traffic modelling and forecasting;
- CAPEX and OPEX estimates;
- Design review and BoQ preparation.
- Project realization model development (Phase 2)
- Financial modelling;
- Legal and financial project structuring;
- Environmental and labour safety assessment.
- Recommendations for holding concession tender (Phase 3)
- Concession contract preparation;
- Tender document preparation.